March 30th, 2021
COVID-19 vaccine: It’s our turn to roll up our sleeves and get vaccinated!
It’s hard to imagine a time when we didn’t know COVID-19 existed. Now when people say “virus,” we know what they mean. The impact of COVID-19 on our lives, our activities, and our freedom has affected us all. The responsibility is ours, as a community, to help stop this virus. Now we have a new, safe, and effective tool to help us do that—COVID-19 vaccines.
It takes everyone.
We all need to step up to beat COVID-19. We ask you to join us in protecting yourself, your family and friends, and our community by getting vaccinated.
“COVID-19 vaccination is one of the strongest tools we can use to fight this pandemic together,” says Nicolette Asselin, M.D. writer for Getwell.org.
Getting vaccinated adds an important layer of protection for you, your family, and loved ones. Here are some things you should know about the COVID-19 vaccine:
- All COVID-19 vaccines currently available in the United States are very effective at preventing the disease.
- The most common side effects are pain in the arm where you got the shot, feeling tired, headache, body aches, chills, and fever.
- Stopping a pandemic requires using all the tools we have available—wearing masks, staying at least 6 feet apart from people who don’t live with you, avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces, washing your hands frequently, and getting vaccinated. (CDC recommendations.)
We want everyone in our community to be safe and get back to hugging our families and friends and shaking hands with our neighbors.
We all play a part in this effort, and you are key. Please sign up to get your COVID-19 vaccination or ask assistance to do so, Vaccinefinder.
- Emergency Use Authorization for Vaccines Explained
- The Path for a COVID-19 Vaccine from Research to Emergency Use Authorization
- Food and Drug Administration: Vaccine Development – 101
- Operation Warp Speed
- Information about the Pfizer-BioNTechCOVID-19 Vaccine
- Information about the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
- Answers for people with medical conditions.
At OasisWeCare we want you to be safe.
Please, use the reply space if you have a question.